You are hereBack to top
Llewellyn's Herbal Almanac: Herbs for Growing & Gathering, Cooking & Crafts, Health & Beauty, History, Myth & Lore (Paperback)
An Herbal Infusion of Inspiration and All-Natural Wellness
With recipes, crafts, gardening tips, and herbal lore, Llewellyn's Herbal Almanac is now in its 17th year of providing new ideas and perspectives for gardeners and herb lovers. Including recipes for cordials and infusions, cranberry ketchup, natural dyes, marzipan, salads, and more, this year's almanac will enrich your cooking and crafting with ingredients you've grown yourself.
Dozens of articles also include health and beauty tips, natural pest control, and the ancient history of herbs. With hands-on projects and advice, this year's edition features articles on sage, poppies, nightshades, almonds, turmeric and saffron, useful weeds, raffia, and much more.
- Square-foot gardening for vegetables, herbs, and fruits in a small, low-cost, low-care garden
- Herb and spice substitutes—easy alternatives to more expensive sources
- Creating an herbal insectary and working with beneficial insects that act as natural pesticides
- Plant therapy—low-stress techniques to improve your mental state
- The history and lore of herb names
- Herbs for teens to transition smoothly into adulthood
- Simple recipes for bath and body products
About the Author
Llewellyn Publications has grown and expanded into new areas of personal growth and transformation since it began as the Portland School of Astrology in 1901. Along with the strong line of astrology books the company was founded upon, Llewellyn publishes books on everything from alternative health and healing, Wicca and Paganism, to metaphysics and the paranormal-and since 1994 has published a growing list of Spanish-language titles. Llewellyn has long been know as one of America's leading publishers of New Age books, producing a wide variety of valuable tools for transformation of the mind, body and spirit. Reach for the Moon-and discover that self-help and spiritual growth is what Llewellyn is all about.